The Marketing Question Center
What are YOUR Most Important Questions for Marketing?
This is the place to post your marketing questions and get my frank answers.
Note: to see the 23 clusters of marketing questions about customers that I believe are the most important to get the answers to as you develop marketing campaigns, click here. What follows are the more general marketing questions, issues, concerns and things that keep people up at night:
To get you started, here are some of the marketing questions I’ve answered recently in 1½ hour private, individualized marketing consultations, often many questions in each consultation.
I’m going to start answering these in a more general way in pages linked to this one. Which of these marketing questions are most important to you, right now? Tell me in the comments below, or send your comments, questions or feedback personally to me at: grsmnavcom. I’ll answer the most requested first:
- Is my product/service/business idea viable? How can I tell, without spending tens of thousands of dollars in surveys and focus groups? How can I turn it into something even more exciting?
- How can I get the word out, find my customers, or get them to find me, with a much more limited budget than competitors? Who should I be concentrating on?
- How can I describe my product or service to people who don’t know and don’t care if they need it? In this information-overloaded world, how do I get them to remove their earplugs?
- How to avoid the pitfalls I’m sure to fall into — because almost very product does. Even experienced marketing VPs have only launched a handful of successful products in their careers. I’ve been a major advisor in the launch of hundreds (literally) of successful products — and a few failures. I’ve learned a lot along the way.
- What decision barriers am I going to run into? How can I avoid the avoidable, see the invisible and triumph over the inevitable obstacles?
- What will my customers most likely DO and THINK in the process of evaluating my product against the competition?
- How should I position my product?
- What are the real grabbers that will get people interested?
- What are the convincers that will get them to buy, now?
- How do I close the sale, get more of them to accept the proposal, get the order?
- What are the pleasant surprises that will get them to rave?
- How can I use FREE word of mouth (happy customers telling others) instead of wishing that expensive advertising will somehow magically work?
- How can I use proven principles to quadruple my market share?
- Does the slick, hyped web razzle-dazzle that everyone’s advocating really work? Will it work for me?
- How can I possibly compete with companies hundreds of times my size — and compete in my market, not live off their niche table-scraps?
- What are investors looking for and how can I make my company more attractive to them?
- What would be the best, clear, useful, practical, implementable marketing strategy for my product starting right now, on a budget that works, with fewer risks and mistakes?